Real-time Digital Signage in your supply chain can help you bridge the gap between systems and people, putting information to work as quickly as possible. The bottom line is people who are self-motivated are actually searching for recognition. Providing those people with a vehicle to achieve recognition will increase their motivation.
Where distribution and overall supply chain operations typically have failed is in not providing people with an accurate measure of performance. The argument of not having dependable data should be easily addressed in today’s world of WMS, LMS, TMS and ERP. You can now give people the “score” on their individual and team performance.
Imagine watching a sporting event without a scoreboard. Why would you want your supply chain to operate within that uncertain atmosphere? If you give employees the score, they will strive to achieve a higher score. If you reward those who score, they will strive to score again.
While you may know the age-old quote “you get what you measure,” most of us know that if you communicate what you are measuring, you can get even more. Why measure in real-time if you cannot communicate the data in real-time? Again, people (your employees at the execution level) are the key to achieving your goals and improving your supply chain productivity.
People are the key to making metrics, productivity, quality and safety measures the best they can be in any manufacturing or distribution operation that is part of your overall supply chain. Real-time measures foster a performance-based environment better able to meet company goals.
Executives would do well to put information to work at the “execution level,” where individual workers do their jobs and where individual decisions are made and teams contribute to success.
- Real-time information = Real-time decisions.
- Real-time information eliminates miscommunications.
- Real-time information allows people to act immediately on exceptions.
Symon Supply Chain digital signage solutions can help you improve your bottom line!
- Save money on start-of-shift meetings by posting what is currently being worked on and where, as employees report for their shift; 5, 10 or 15 minutes per employee per shift = $$$.
- Inventory management with enhanced visibility into shipping and receiving; plus picking, packing, individual and team performance, provides employees with “scoreboards”.
- Make manufacturing operations more efficient with real-time, supply chain-related info to employees via display signage hanging from ceilings or strategically placed on walls near the assembly line or in break areas; actually emphasize “get info to where decisions are made.”
- Aside from saving on printing costs, save time distributing the most up to date information and easily make changes; no employee intervention if pulling from real-time systems or from your Intranet pages.
Features and Benefits
- Improve internal communications by replacing paper-based signage and reports with digital signage in break rooms, cafeterias, entryways and in real-time (posted reports are already old when you post them).
- Use for emergency alerts, broadcast critical, time-sensitive or weather-related info, even evacuation orders; push impossible-to-ignore, persistent audio alerts and live video feeds to displays in offices and factory floor areas.
- Centrally control and remotely manage digital signage messaging to broadcast corporate-approved information across a warehouse or distribution center or manufacturing facility - even global enterprises.
- Use touch screens to get more detailed or granular information.
- Use screens for training right where employees work or for distributing video from one area of the plant to another; new safety, quality or process improvements and procedures.
- Motivational use that can have real impact like internal messaging; all types of graphs and other data images to better illustrate how far you have to go as a company, whether it's making sales goals, satisfying customers, achieving an accident-free safety record, and much more.
- Communicate policy and benefit plan changes; highlight company achievements and goals.
- Post Employee of the Month or special employee achievements.
- Keep the video displays fresh and interesting with a Symon supplied OnTarget Content subscription; includes safety and OSHA news; weather and Life & Wellness and many other categories. The best part is that the Symon Solution can do all of the work for you!